Assistant Professor in the departments of Physiology, Pharmacology and Pediatrics of the University of Calgary, (Calgary, Canada).
Dr. Marie-Claire Arrieta is an Assistant Professor in the departments of Physiology, Pharmacology and Pediatrics of the University of Calgary. Her research group explores the intestinal colonization with microbes early in lab, its ecological patterns, and immune consequences to humans.
Membership in professional and learned societies:
- CIHR College of Reviewers
- Canadian Association of Gastroenterology
- American Society of Microbiology
- Canadian Society of Microbiology
National and International Committees:
- Invited member of the Consensus Panel on Fermented Foods.
- Invited member of the Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Global Working Group (HCEO), founded and based at the University of Chicago. She is a part of a team of the Health Inequality Network.